Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This should be interesting

First of all, let me say that VBS is going great. Last night we had 22 kids. I have workers that have done amazing things, and I'd like to get them all something as a token of appreciation, but I can't think of what. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Now on to the interesting part. Which has nothing to do with VBS. It has to do with our house.
I'm not sure if I've ever explained this here before, but I'll do it again, just in case.
We live in Base housing, but we're not on base. We live in housing that used to belong to another base that is now closed. There used to be more of it, but only part is sectioned off as base housing now. The rest is low income appartments now.
The city has bought our housing area and has plans to make it into low income housing like the rest. About 6 months ago, all the enlisted people got a letter on their door saying they had two years to move out of here and find other housing. But nothing was ever said to the officers.
People have been moving out of here daily, and it is become a ghost town. Really, it's amazing to see a moving van in here almost daily. There are whole rows of houses that are completely empty.
Here in the officer section, there are only 6 families left. The rest all moved to different bases. And like I said, we've never been notified that we need to leave.
Well, this morning Sadie was going crazy barking. When I looked out the window there were 6 people out there. I'm guessing developers or something, because they all had papers, and blueprints, and they were looking at each house and writing tons down. They weren't military, I'm sure they were city people.
So it should be interesting to see when we get the notice that we have to move. And I almost wonder if it will be less than 2 years, just because of how fast the enlisted people have been getting out. I don't expect there to be anyone here for 2 years.

No comments: